UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  lollyh : (31 August 2018 - 10:43 AM)

Thank you moosie & caryn.its been hard. :ratsadlook: .

@  Caryn : (14 August 2018 - 07:24 AM)

Thank you Discomoose :) Lollyh, so very sorry about Rascal :ratsad:

@  DiscoMoose : (12 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

congratz on your promotions Caryn and Settican (:

@  DiscoMoose : (12 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'm sorry about Rascal Lolly :( RIP sweet girl...

@  lollyh : (03 August 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Rip my beautiful rascal. :bigeyecry: my last girl. :ratsad: .play hard up their sweetheart.you made it to 2yrs & 8 months despite 2 tumors..i am gonna miss you so much. :Kiss: :wub:

@  Settican : (03 August 2018 - 12:32 PM)

Woohoo promotion! Thanks Tails :D

@  Caryn : (03 August 2018 - 12:28 PM)

Thank you :D I got a promotion :yay: lol

@  Tails : (02 August 2018 - 01:25 PM)

@caryn and @settican, welcome to the Admin Team!

@  Caryn : (11 July 2018 - 07:25 AM)

She says she has had the captcha disabled, so the problem should be solved now. Hopefully people are able to join up without hassle if they try again.

@  Caryn : (08 July 2018 - 10:57 AM)

Ah geez, I'll see if I can reach Tails about it

@  ronelrat : (08 July 2018 - 10:02 AM)

There are people wanting to join the forum who says they received a message asking for a security code?

@  Caryn : (07 July 2018 - 05:49 PM)

Two of my girls over the years have had strokes. Both were still alive when I found them but suffering side effects ie: paralysis, loss of cognitive function. Sadly there is not much that can be done if they are very far gone, smaller strokes can be treated and rats can recover. Seizures are horrible. Mavdb had a couple of boys with issues, you may be able to find posts here on the forum.

@  lollyh : (07 July 2018 - 01:56 PM)

Thank you caryn.im so heartsore.i went out for dinner last night & he was fine,came back home 1 hour later & found him at the bottom of the cage like he was didnt know where he was . :puppy_dog_eyes: .do you have any knowledge on seizures or strokes?

@  Caryn : (07 July 2018 - 12:23 PM)

So very sorry :ratsad:

@  lollyh : (07 July 2018 - 05:11 AM)

Lost my moo lastnight. :ratsad: I'm still in shock.

@  lollyh : (29 June 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Thank you caryn sway. *hugs* *hugs*

@  Caryn : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 AM)

You're not mad at all for wanting to help her :ratsad:

@  lollyh : (25 June 2018 - 04:33 PM)

Thank you caryn.yes i know you would.:-).i love her so much.i dont care about the cost.really i dont.even though everyone around me says im mad & just put her down. :bigeyecry: .no unfortunately i don't have an edgars account.

@  Caryn : (25 June 2018 - 11:43 AM)

Sorry you're going through that with your girl. You know I'd opt for the surgery, Dr O says he can do it and I trust him completely. I realise cost is an issue though. Do you have an Edgars acct you can pay with or can you sign a debit order with them? That's what I usually do for larger surgery costs.

@  lollyh : (25 June 2018 - 09:34 AM)

i have such a hard decision to make. :bigeyerat:

Photo

Update Moose and boys with pics of boys

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

the Moose is farming bananas across the ocean.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Look at me procrastinating on a Monday morning. I'm putting this in ratty chat, even though there is a "small" Moose update thrown in. I'm going to update about my boys too so don't fear!

I'm glad that the forum is up and running again. (not that it was down, but I mean with all the regulars popping back up)  *hugs*

Moose Update:

( if you get bored, skip to the Boys update, where I actually talk about my ratties. Also I mention God and the Bible -  I cannot share a life update without this and am just sharing from my heart.  :) )

I'm doing well. I was not doing well at all for quite a while... Since about this time last year, things steadily went extremely pear shaped for me. I lost so much of my focus and made some poor choices due to unresolved pain from my past. I took on some ill-advised friendships without much thought for the consequences and turned a blind/deaf ear to sound instruction. I tried to perform for everybody on the outside, but inside I felt the increasing hollowness of this performance because I was drifting further and further away from myself and my life in God. I tried to please others and had all these photos of 'me enjoying life' up on Facebook whilst actually waning away inside. I had opened the doors for old destructive behaviours to seep right back into my life. 

For the other Christians here, this is so much like what what the Israelites were doing when God was leading them out of Egypt - longing back to their slavery, unable to trust Him for the Promised Land...

Anyways... I won't go into all the details since it is done and over, and I'm wiser and more mature because of it. I won't say that I came out of it on my own strength either - God is good. I learned a lot and had to work through a lot of baggage that I had previously thought was dealt with... but it is a blessing to be wiser and absolute Grace that I did not succumb, even if the experience was humiliating to the max. (Romans 8:28) 

Now I'm back to no Facebook (just thinking about the curated display of meaninglessness there nauseates me - I find it incredible how one can package snapshots of your life and caption them to make it seem like you are happy and are choosing it all, when actually you feel like you have lost all control of your life to others...) I do believe people can use it in a healthy way or for good - but for me, I intended to use it well and it still ended up being so negative for me I'd rather want no part of it. I still have an Instagram account for my business, but will particular about how it is used. I also don't game any more, at all. I got rid of and deleted all my games and will not be reinstalling Steam either. I feel much more free and happy since making that decision, since I am now free of the constant thought of 'getting back to gaming' whenever I'm working or spending time with loved ones.

Anyways, that's it from me. 

Boys Update: 

(If you get bored, scroll down for cute pics.)

I still have Atom, Boots and Tobi. Atom is a lovely, social, playful and healthy boy. Atom is a sturdy, introverted rat, but not without a streak of mischief and playfulness. Tobi is wonderful and sweet. 

A while ago, Boots developed a melanoma under his one little back foot (can you believe as I write this that I don't know which side, left or right) - at first I thought it was a bumble, but after inspection from Dr Bernice and a test, it was diagnosed as cancer. Because of the risk of spreading tumours if the tumour was not sufficiently removed, she had to amputate his little foot just above the ankle. He is like a little pirate rat now, with a peg leg, but he is incredibly well adjusted even though he walks and scurries with a limp. He has had no further complications and I trust that none of the cancer cells got the chance to spread. 

About two months after this, I discovered two lumps on Tobi. One seemed superficial under his arm, and the other was rather large and fatty on his abdomen to the one side. After examination, Dr Bernice and I concluded that both tumours would be removed, and then tested to find out what type of growths they are. However, only the small lump under the arm could be successfully removed. Dr Bernice was already busy with the operation on the abdominal lump when she discovered that the lump was entirely to connected to the muscle tissue over a large area, to be operable. If the tumour were to be removed, Tobi would lose so much muscle that he would not be able to heal. So we had to decide not to operate. She did take some cells of the tumour for testing, and it turns out that it is cancer, but not a type that will spread to other areas, thank God. It seems to be a rather unusual cancer for a rattie to get. His prognosis is grim in the sense that the tumour is inoperable - so if it grows to large too quickly, tissue on the inside can become necrotic due to insufficient blood supply. If this happens, inflammation will occur which will make him sick and cause discomfort. There will be nothing we can do then except to let him go peacefully. 

Thankfully, so far, Tobi is still doing very well. The tumour has grown but I thank God that it has not grown out of hand. Tobi is still moving around - he has already learned how to have better balance and be more agile with this new foreign mass - it must be quite heavy and he was struggling with balance for a while. But he is eating, grooming, enjoying the company of his friends and his humans, and is all round still a very brave and happy boy. I am enjoying all the moments I can have with him, because I know they are very precious. 

I have a picture of Tobi's lump as it looks today - like he is carrying a gholf ball in his pocket. Maybe I'll make a different thread to show it, since I don't feel like posting that pic in this thread because these are supposed to be happy pics. 

Here are some recent pics of the boys: 

IMG_2018_06_11_16_09_15.jpg

Atom in his gentleman's best

IMG_2018_06_11_16_20_34.jpg

Mommy making Tobi look silly with silly phone app

IMG_20180505_102727.jpg

Cozy Cozy ratties

IMG_20180810_085308.jpg

Brothers Atom and Boots

IMG_20180515_095734.jpg

Sweetest Tobi

IMG_20180717_081615.jpg

Tobi shortly after the lump was discovered and removal attemtped.

IMG_20180523_170111.jpg

Boots during his healing period after his amputation. 

Thanks for reading and looking  :ratcookie:  :tummykiss:  

|| the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it || John 1:5 ||

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10970 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

Am glad that despite the issues you dealt with that you are feeling better and happier.

Very sorry to hear about Tobi and Boots :ratsad:  Glad that Boots is coping well with the loss though and hope he stays happy and healthy in future :)  So very sad about Tobi though. I hope that you still have plenty more time with him :thud:   And scritches to Atom for not giving his human any grief! ;)

• DiscoMoose likes this
Posted Image

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • I own 3 rats
Thanks Caryn! I think Atom deserves a whole truckload of yoggies for being such a good boy

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Ohooo I only just saw I made a huge mistake in the first section of my boys update. Atom is not the sturdy, introverted rat - Boots is!

|| the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it || John 1:5 ||

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Sorry you had to go through all those personal issues.

We all go through something that really puts a damper on our lives, but in the end, we always pull through, dust off and hold our head up high.

Glad the ratlets are doing good considering.

Good luck to Tobi  :bigeyerat:  and hope for the best for him.

• DiscoMoose likes this

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • I own 3 rats
Thanks you CindyR

lollyh

lollyh

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1768 posts
  • I own 2 rats

moosie!!!! where you been swty?.. I am so glad to see you back on here.missed you friend. *hugs* *hugs*

I am sorry to hear about your friendship & bad choices. :ratsad: .its a hard lesson to learn.but god put you through it & he brought you through it. :clap: you have come out of it stronger,wiser & better.so basically you were tested like jesus was & its ok. :)

I know exactly what you have been through.been through it myself a few years back.it wasn't easy.but it has changed me & made me closer to god.so know that you are not alone swty. *hugs*

unfortunately that is what happens on facebook. :ratsadlook: .its 1 of the many reasons i don't physically post pics of myself & my life,only pics of my animals on my fb page.

aww no....i am sorry to hear you are not gaming & not on steam. :(.but i understand. One can get addicted & not prioritize life & work.it can get conflicted.

Do you have whatsapp?

I am so glad to hear your boys are still with you. :D :wub: :yogiedance:

I am sorry to hear about boots little foot. :(.poor boy.I am glad he has adapted so well.pirate rat with peg leg.hahaha lol lol

poor tobi.sigh...wished ratties didn't get cancer. :cry: but i am glad to hear he is carrying on like his usual self considering everything he has been through.hope he continues strong & it doesn't end of worrying him or you making that hard decision.

thanks for the update mossie.. *hugs*.glad to see you back like all the other regulars on here.. :happydance: :happydance:

Edited by lollyh, 01 September 2018 - 04:54 PM.

• DiscoMoose likes this

rata_zps6tmspkww.jpg       

DiscoMoose

DiscoMoose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1531 posts
  • I own 3 rats

Thanks Lolly  *hugs*  :ggmr:

It's good to be back on the forum... thank you also for the encouraging and supportive words  *hugs*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users