UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  DiscoMoose : (21 November 2018 - 06:48 PM)

hello *hugs*

@  Caryn : (21 November 2018 - 07:32 AM)

:wave: Hello! :D

@  lollyh : (20 November 2018 - 01:57 PM)

hello all. :wave: :ggmr:

@  Caryn : (09 November 2018 - 07:49 AM)

Me too! :)

@  lollyh : (08 November 2018 - 08:28 PM)

I see that. :ratgiggle: .Yes it is.i loved all the interaction on here but i will keep checking in weekly. :ggmr:

@  Caryn : (07 November 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Everybody is missing in action! lol Such a pity, these forums used to be so fantastic when everyone was still around :(

@  lollyh : (05 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

so how is everybody doing? :ggmr:

@  DiscoMoose : (24 October 2018 - 06:11 PM)

thanks Lolly and Caryn... I miss him, he was a small boy with a big presence :thud:

@  Caryn : (19 October 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Oh no :ratsad: So sorry to both of you Lollyh and Discomoose for your losses :cry: I'm sure they're playing hard :ratangel:

@  lollyh : (17 October 2018 - 10:32 PM)

Big hugs moosie.i can just imagine what a hard Decision it was for you to make today.you fought so hard for him & gave him a wonderful life.a baby boy tobi & a brave momma. *hugs*

@  lollyh : (17 October 2018 - 10:29 PM)

Oh moosie!!. :bigeyecry: :bigeyecry: I am so so so very sorry my dear friend. Sweet precious tobi.play hard up their big boy. We will miss you.:ratangel: :ratangel:

@  DiscoMoose : (17 October 2018 - 03:40 PM)

We had to let Tobi go today :bigeyecry: I'll do a tribute post later. Rest well my boy, you were such a good and brave boy.

@  lollyh : (15 October 2018 - 09:55 AM)

well maybe put a post up caryn & hey if its only us 3,well i will at least get two xmas cards still. :clap: :happydance:

@  lollyh : (15 October 2018 - 09:54 AM)

Thanks moosie. *hugs* .he was 2yrs & 4 months.sadly my smokey is all by himself now.although smokey is jumping around the cage now.darn un-caring,non grieving cage mate. :ratgiggle:

@  Caryn : (15 October 2018 - 07:31 AM)

Don't think we have anyone around to do it :( I basically did my own via Facebook last year

@  DiscoMoose : (14 October 2018 - 07:55 PM)

does y'all think we might do a greeting card exchange this year? Who is up for that...?

@  DiscoMoose : (14 October 2018 - 07:09 PM)

I'm so sorry Lolly :bigeyecry: *hugs*

@  lollyh : (13 October 2018 - 07:53 PM)

Sadly this morning i woke up & found my sweet old man milo had passed away. :bigeyecry: :bigeyecry: .Rip my sweet boy.

@  lollyh : (13 October 2018 - 07:51 PM)

glad to hear hes still ok moosie.i know what you mean,*beep* tumor was huge & not nice to look at but you know him best.when it is time you will know. *hugs* :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

@  DiscoMoose : (11 October 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Thanks Caryn *hugs*

Photo

Pics & Update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10973 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

So nice to see some activity on the forum again.  Just an update from my side.  I started the year off with my last three old girls.  I don't plan to get any more furkids for now.  The goodbyes are just really weighing heavy on me after the last decade of being a rat mom.  And to be honest the vet bills are just getting beyond manageable.

I lost Buttons in the first week of January.  She had been diagnosed with heart disease months back and finally lost the battle :(  Then end of March I had to say goodbye to Bubbles.  She had suspected lung tumours and what appeared to be a mass over her trachea :ratsad:

So now I just have my madam Nougat.  I feel terrible that she is alone.  I work from home and she is free roam, so I can give her plenty of company at least.  She also comes and snuggles with me at night if she wants to or sleeps on the bed nearby buried in pillows and duvet :)  She will be 3yrs old in a couple of months, so I know time is catching up too.  But she is doing well health-wise for now.  Here are some recent pics of my Nougat bug :D

Bedtime snuggles with mom

Nougat_May_Jun2018_1.jpg

Nougat_May_Jun2018_2.jpg

Grooming time
Nougat_May_Jun2018_3.jpg

Nougat_May_Jun2018_4.jpg

Nougat_May_Jun2018_5.jpg

Breakfast in bed
Nougat_May_Jun2018_6.jpg

Tissue box gremlin
Nougat_May_Jun2018_7.jpg

Nougat_May_Jun2018_8.jpg

My evening TV viewing snuggle buddyNougat_May_Jun2018_9.jpg

This face! :wub:
Nougat_May_Jun2018_10.jpg

Posted Image

raggedtoothguppie

raggedtoothguppie

vesana servatrix rattorum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts
  • I own 10 rats

She's so beautiful. I think we all go through stages where we want to take a break from ratties. It never lasts long for me :P 

I love having rescues but I agreed with my fiance that we needed to have a mix of breeder ratties because all the health issues from our rescues was taking a big emotional and financial toll on us.

• Caryn likes this

Owned by: Niffler, Grindylow, Snidget, Bertie Bott, Drooble Gum, Pepper Imp, Sugar Quill, Fizzing Whizzbee, Lumos and Nox.

Love you always: Timothy, Butterscotch, Nutmeg, Arwen, Eowyn, Gryffen, Pegasus, Hazel, Macadamia, Indigo, Bear, Milo, Cocoa, Nesquik, Rosie, Valancy, Stirling, Chocolate, Trufflehunter, Reepicheep, Puzzle, Jewel, Poggin, Fledge, Mr Tumnus, Numair, Polly, Sir Henry, Tinkerbelle, Scarlett, George, Alanna, Mini, Meg, Luna, Flower, Belle, Mei, Mulan, Claidheamh mor, Sgian dubh, Norbert, Smaug, Firedrake. 

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10973 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

I love having rescues but I agreed with my fiance that we needed to have a mix of breeder ratties because all the health issues from our rescues was taking a big emotional and financial toll on us.

I can imagine some of the rescues must come with issues :( You have such gorgeous ratlets though! 

Posted Image

Tails

Tails

RATANOOGA Co-Founder & Avid Photographer

• Administrators
  • 9605 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Don't feel bad at all! I understand fully how you feel because Cotton was my last and I wasn't even able to look after her in her final weeks because I had moved out and the new house wasn't rat friendly (smokers, dogs, cats, etc).
So my mom looked after her until she died and I regret so so much not being there for her so the fact YOU'RE able to spend time with her is enough for her. It's all she needs.

I'm so thankful my mom saved my Cotton and gave her company in her last weeks where I couldn't.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  • Caryn likes this

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

:ratangel: RIP: Maxie "my Maxibon", Pepper "my Pepsicola", Intel "The Original Fragile", Apple "my Fadapple", Linux "my Beautiful Girl", Feyrith "my Banana-Face", Xeon "my Old Cronky", Ramoth "my Badgerboo", Orlith " my Orly-whip"/"my Orlyball", Wirenth "Wormy"; Vignette "Figgy Pudding"; Iso "Iso 1000 / Hamster Rat"; Macro "The Fats"; Oscar ("my little lion"), NiMH "Nimble-Thim/Nimbelina", Pidtjie "Pidjtie-Poodle", Thyme "Teecky", Brie "my Broo", Cinnamon "Cinna-mom", Three "Wheel Tail",Treble "Trebbest / Buddahbelly", Cotton "Cottonball"
tag #ratanoogarats on your rat photos on Instagram!

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
  • I own 3 rats

She's just too cute.

After these boys, that's it for me.  My work is hectic and don't have time to take off and take the boys to the vet if an emergency arises.  Most vets have closed down and none are open on Sundays anymore so it's extremely hard.  I am just making sure I try my best at keeping them healthy, trying more natural immune boosters etc.  So far so good.  Diablo has some lung scarring due to a lung infection, but I have it under control and he is doing good.  Unfortunately the stress is just a bit too much, especially when they get sick.

I will miss having little fur balls, but in the end I have to think of them and what's best.

• Tails likes this

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10973 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

I will miss having little fur balls, but in the end I have to think of them and what's best.

Totally agree with everything you said CindyR and it's the reason I'm not getting more either.   The stress, the goodbyes, the constant running to and from the vet at all hours (and Dr O is not nearby either!) One of the only other good exotics vets here, Dr Tina, has moved out of KZN.  Not to mention vet costs these days for a good exotics expert.  I just can't keep on right now.  Maybe in future again.

• Tails likes this
Posted Image

Tails

Tails

RATANOOGA Co-Founder & Avid Photographer

• Administrators
  • 9605 posts
  • I own 0 rats

Totally agree with everything you said CindyR and it's the reason I'm not getting more either. The stress, the goodbyes, the constant running to and from the vet at all hours (and Dr O is not nearby either!) One of the only other good exotics vets here, Dr Tina, has moved out of KZN. Not to mention vet costs these days for a good exotics expert. I just can't keep on right now. Maybe in future again.

It's so weird how all us originals are easing up now on the rats. Magen we'll all catch GGMR at the same time in a year or few haha.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

:ratangel: RIP: Maxie "my Maxibon", Pepper "my Pepsicola", Intel "The Original Fragile", Apple "my Fadapple", Linux "my Beautiful Girl", Feyrith "my Banana-Face", Xeon "my Old Cronky", Ramoth "my Badgerboo", Orlith " my Orly-whip"/"my Orlyball", Wirenth "Wormy"; Vignette "Figgy Pudding"; Iso "Iso 1000 / Hamster Rat"; Macro "The Fats"; Oscar ("my little lion"), NiMH "Nimble-Thim/Nimbelina", Pidtjie "Pidjtie-Poodle", Thyme "Teecky", Brie "my Broo", Cinnamon "Cinna-mom", Three "Wheel Tail",Treble "Trebbest / Buddahbelly", Cotton "Cottonball"
tag #ratanoogarats on your rat photos on Instagram!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users