UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  Caryn : (18 June 2018 - 08:27 PM)

Hopefully we can get more old members back and some new ones :D

@  CindyR : (18 June 2018 - 03:29 PM)

Really missed the old ratty bunch. So much has happened in the rat community in the last year. Just sooo happy RN is still here!!

@  lollyh : (15 June 2018 - 03:11 PM)

Ha!!! What's all this happening here.not on for a week & I feel left behind. :clap: a :clap: :clap: :clap: good to see everyone back on. :thanx:

@  DiscoMoose : (15 June 2018 - 06:56 AM)

yay!!! :clap: :ratgiggle: :yay: :ggmr:

@  raggedtoothg... : (13 June 2018 - 11:10 PM)

Must admit I haven't tried in a long time so maybe it was working sooner.

@  Caryn : (13 June 2018 - 10:52 PM)

:yay: for Ratanoogans showing up again!! :D

@  Caryn : (13 June 2018 - 10:51 PM)

I've been lucky, using the "internot" address I've been able to access without the virus warning for months. But there was no one else around :ratsad:

@  raggedtoothg... : (13 June 2018 - 09:28 PM)

It let me log in again! Yay :happydance:

@  ronelrat : (11 June 2018 - 03:34 PM)

Same!

@  CindyR : (11 June 2018 - 12:28 PM)

First time I could actually get in without it screaming VIRUS as me!!

@  CindyR : (11 June 2018 - 12:27 PM)

Well hallo all!!!!

@  ronelrat : (10 June 2018 - 10:02 PM)

Yay. I could sign in on Tapatalk and access forum from my phone!

@  Tails : (10 June 2018 - 02:45 PM)

we are now on TAPATALK :D

@  Tails : (10 June 2018 - 01:06 PM)

yaaaay for internet again haha

@  Caryn : (05 June 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Hope it can be sorted without losing anything. Crossing fingers!! :D Arrrggh, I finally have internet after two weeks of a faulty line, so I'm interneting myself to a standstill right now :P

@  Tails : (28 May 2018 - 10:13 PM)

i love you all and thanks for still coming back to RN xx

@  Tails : (28 May 2018 - 10:13 PM)

hi guys. short of redoing the whole forums im not too sure on how to rid us of this probem we're having. Im sorry Ive been so absent, but i guess ill explain shortly in a post one of these days. i am going to put a lot more effort into sorting this out, and hopefully in doing that we wont lose any information.

@  Caryn : (16 May 2018 - 11:01 AM)

How strange :blink: I get to the usual full site :/

@  DiscoMoose : (15 May 2018 - 01:36 PM)

Ah... makes sense about the warning page. So glad she found a workaround, so as not to scare of potential new forum peeps... still, if I visit ratanooga.co.za I get only a 'hello' on the page *blush*

@  Caryn : (13 May 2018 - 05:48 PM)

Tails created the alternative forum address to get around that big red warning page, hence the redirection. No idea what's going on in general though, haven't heard from Tails in ages :( The main Ratanooga.co.za website though is still up and running as per normal.

Photo

Using food bowl as a toilet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Claire

Claire

Fuzzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Hi there. I have recently become the guardian of two lovely rattie girls around 6 or 7 weeks according to the lady who hand reared them when their mum died while birthing them.
I have found that they are using their food bowl as their toilet instead of the lovely toilet I have for them.
Any suggestions on how to correct this?
The person I got them from used and ice cream container with a rock in the middle which they apparently climbed on to do their business. I tried putting a rock on the toilet but they are avoiding it altogether.
Appreciate your help, please.
Thanks, Claire

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10957 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

Bubs that age can be full of nonsense lol   Using a "pee rock" does usually help.  Maybe try that again?  Otherwise, the only other thing would be to scoop up all the droppings and keep putting them in the correct litter area.  Sometimes this does help redirect them and teach them that that's a toilet area.

• Rattieroos likes this

RN_Signature_2016.jpg

Claire

Claire

Fuzzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Thanks, I'll persevere 🙈

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10957 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

I know it's tough to get them litter trained in the beginning but if it's any consolation once they are then you'll never have to do it again.  If you get new bubs later on they will learn from the older girls and then they'll teach any newbies after that and so on.  They also pick up other little habits too from their elders.  It's very sweet to see it happen as they settle in :)  

• Mavdb and DiscoMoose like this

RN_Signature_2016.jpg

Rattieroos

Rattieroos

Crazy Rat Lady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3516 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
It is a good idea to persevere and what Caryn said about picking up the little poops and popping them in the actual toilet really does work. When i clean the cage while still potty training, i leave a couple in there. I had baby rescues that were about 10 days old when i got them.. i started out doing that right from the start, so everyday i was picking up their teeny droppings ( babies poops are so teeny) and popping them in the corner toilet. They learnt fairly quickly where the toilet was. They will wee in the cage and not always do that in the toilet but no poos anywhere but the toilet. I used to talk to them when i was doing it as well saying "this is your toilet, this is where you poo" but i do talk to my babies.
My current Ratties: Dove, Marybelle, Rosy, Ivy, Peaches, Plum and Duff (girls) Thunder, Doodle and Wallee (neutered boys) then my intact boys: Rodger and Dodger :ratlol: :tummykiss: :Kiss:

Always remembered, always in my heart, RIP my children: Sandy (our first ratty love) Pepper, Mickey, Snowy, Cloudy, Kellogs, Snoekie, Thing 1, Wotnot, Thing 2, Mischief, Monty, Barney, Seamus, Dolores aka Dilly, Jerry, Brian, Alfred, Patches, Stewie, Squeak, Bubble, Treble, Hayley, Onyx, Milo, Roxie, baby Bailey, FiFi, Bass, Bangerang, Emo, Nibbs and Roo :bigeyecry: :ratangel:

RIP my doggy loves: Andy and Toffee, loved and missed forever :cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users