UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  lollyh : (20 November 2018 - 01:57 PM)

hello all. :wave: :ggmr:

@  Caryn : (09 November 2018 - 07:49 AM)

Me too! :)

@  lollyh : (08 November 2018 - 08:28 PM)

I see that. :ratgiggle: .Yes it is.i loved all the interaction on here but i will keep checking in weekly. :ggmr:

@  Caryn : (07 November 2018 - 10:22 AM)

Everybody is missing in action! lol Such a pity, these forums used to be so fantastic when everyone was still around :(

@  lollyh : (05 November 2018 - 08:52 PM)

so how is everybody doing? :ggmr:

@  DiscoMoose : (24 October 2018 - 06:11 PM)

thanks Lolly and Caryn... I miss him, he was a small boy with a big presence :thud:

@  Caryn : (19 October 2018 - 08:38 PM)

Oh no :ratsad: So sorry to both of you Lollyh and Discomoose for your losses :cry: I'm sure they're playing hard :ratangel:

@  lollyh : (17 October 2018 - 10:32 PM)

Big hugs moosie.i can just imagine what a hard Decision it was for you to make today.you fought so hard for him & gave him a wonderful life.a baby boy tobi & a brave momma. *hugs*

@  lollyh : (17 October 2018 - 10:29 PM)

Oh moosie!!. :bigeyecry: :bigeyecry: I am so so so very sorry my dear friend. Sweet precious tobi.play hard up their big boy. We will miss you.:ratangel: :ratangel:

@  DiscoMoose : (17 October 2018 - 03:40 PM)

We had to let Tobi go today :bigeyecry: I'll do a tribute post later. Rest well my boy, you were such a good and brave boy.

@  lollyh : (15 October 2018 - 09:55 AM)

well maybe put a post up caryn & hey if its only us 3,well i will at least get two xmas cards still. :clap: :happydance:

@  lollyh : (15 October 2018 - 09:54 AM)

Thanks moosie. *hugs* .he was 2yrs & 4 months.sadly my smokey is all by himself now.although smokey is jumping around the cage now.darn un-caring,non grieving cage mate. :ratgiggle:

@  Caryn : (15 October 2018 - 07:31 AM)

Don't think we have anyone around to do it :( I basically did my own via Facebook last year

@  DiscoMoose : (14 October 2018 - 07:55 PM)

does y'all think we might do a greeting card exchange this year? Who is up for that...?

@  DiscoMoose : (14 October 2018 - 07:09 PM)

I'm so sorry Lolly :bigeyecry: *hugs*

@  lollyh : (13 October 2018 - 07:53 PM)

Sadly this morning i woke up & found my sweet old man milo had passed away. :bigeyecry: :bigeyecry: .Rip my sweet boy.

@  lollyh : (13 October 2018 - 07:51 PM)

glad to hear hes still ok moosie.i know what you mean,*beep* tumor was huge & not nice to look at but you know him best.when it is time you will know. *hugs* :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

@  DiscoMoose : (11 October 2018 - 08:04 AM)

Thanks Caryn *hugs*

@  Caryn : (11 October 2018 - 07:21 AM)

Glad to hear he's still holding strong. Sending :goodvibes: :)

@  DiscoMoose : (08 October 2018 - 10:24 AM)

after a scare with Tobi's condition on the weekend I can see that he is still OK and enjoying life... poor boy, he is a bit hard to look at with the big tumour but I will know when it is time and itsn't quite yet. :tummykiss:

Photo

HELP for my Bub

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Annelien

Annelien

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Good Day Guys... Little heart broken this morning as I had the unexpected loss of life from my little Peanut... Anyway her sister Patch is all alone now and I would really like to get her a playmate or two. It seems all the breeders have waiting lists. Any ideas? Possibly someone that needs someone to take over ratties or something? Im based in CPT and Patch is an 8month old banded husky female. Very very playful!

EvaBlue

EvaBlue

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • I own 6 rats
Sorry to hear Annelien, shame I think it is obviously very sad for your ratty as I think they know what happens. I hope someone can help you.

Candiviljoen

Candiviljoen

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Sorry to hear the sad news. I'm sure you well find another friend for Peanut. *hugs* :goodvibes:

ronelrat

ronelrat

Since owning rats i've lost my mind but found my soul

• Premium Breeders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
See if Heidi from the rescue in CPT knows of any rescues. Otherwise get a friend from a pet store and order a 3rd from a breeder. People sometimes think I'm just trying to sell another bub when I advise them to get A MINIMUM OF 3, but the truth is, rats die and sometimes very unexpected. You may wait a month or more on a waiting list, and your rat needs a friend asap. If keeping 3, you'll have time to replace the one that died without your rats being alone during that time.

LuvRats

LuvRats

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • I own 0 rats
+1000 to what Ronel said. Also best to stagger their ages. Just be careful getting from a petstore, you don't want to end up with either a pregnant female or a male by mistake (most of the petstores either don't care what sex you take or they don't know how to sex them). And yes the breeders do have waiting lists, but that doesn't mean that the litters born are going to match the waiting lists ie, the waiting list might contain 6 people looking for say males, and a litter might end up containing only 2 males & the rest females... so get onto the waiting lists, because you never know what might be available once they're born/colours come in (some people are also looking for specific colourings & often what colours are expected from a litter doesn't come 'out').

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
  • I own 3 rats
Thats why I deceided to get my third baby. Both Hugo and Valentino were born 1 day apart, so there is always a chance that one will get sick or die first (God forbid). I would like to maybe get another at a later stage, maybe when my new bub is 5 months or so old. Yes, and that means I am never going to get to bed becasue I am going to play with them till late in the night. Will be walking around red eyed and with a coffee mug glued to my hand ready for constant refills, but I will NEVER trade in the love I get from my babies :thud:

Annelien

Annelien

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Thanks for the advice guys! Always had 4bubs but my ladies were all golden girls. Patch was the baby. Anyway Rebecca from Runebound is helping me out. She had two return girls that I will be picking up tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help. Take Care!

RatSmitten

RatSmitten

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • I own 3 rats
So sorry for your loss, play hard at the bridge little one :ratangel: i hope your new baby brings you lots of joy.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users