UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  lollyh : (31 August 2018 - 10:43 AM)

Thank you moosie & caryn.its been hard. :ratsadlook: .

@  Caryn : (14 August 2018 - 07:24 AM)

Thank you Discomoose :) Lollyh, so very sorry about Rascal :ratsad:

@  DiscoMoose : (12 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

congratz on your promotions Caryn and Settican (:

@  DiscoMoose : (12 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'm sorry about Rascal Lolly :( RIP sweet girl...

@  lollyh : (03 August 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Rip my beautiful rascal. :bigeyecry: my last girl. :ratsad: .play hard up their sweetheart.you made it to 2yrs & 8 months despite 2 tumors..i am gonna miss you so much. :Kiss: :wub:

@  Settican : (03 August 2018 - 12:32 PM)

Woohoo promotion! Thanks Tails :D

@  Caryn : (03 August 2018 - 12:28 PM)

Thank you :D I got a promotion :yay: lol

@  Tails : (02 August 2018 - 01:25 PM)

@caryn and @settican, welcome to the Admin Team!

@  Caryn : (11 July 2018 - 07:25 AM)

She says she has had the captcha disabled, so the problem should be solved now. Hopefully people are able to join up without hassle if they try again.

@  Caryn : (08 July 2018 - 10:57 AM)

Ah geez, I'll see if I can reach Tails about it

@  ronelrat : (08 July 2018 - 10:02 AM)

There are people wanting to join the forum who says they received a message asking for a security code?

@  Caryn : (07 July 2018 - 05:49 PM)

Two of my girls over the years have had strokes. Both were still alive when I found them but suffering side effects ie: paralysis, loss of cognitive function. Sadly there is not much that can be done if they are very far gone, smaller strokes can be treated and rats can recover. Seizures are horrible. Mavdb had a couple of boys with issues, you may be able to find posts here on the forum.

@  lollyh : (07 July 2018 - 01:56 PM)

Thank you caryn.im so heartsore.i went out for dinner last night & he was fine,came back home 1 hour later & found him at the bottom of the cage like he was didnt know where he was . :puppy_dog_eyes: .do you have any knowledge on seizures or strokes?

@  Caryn : (07 July 2018 - 12:23 PM)

So very sorry :ratsad:

@  lollyh : (07 July 2018 - 05:11 AM)

Lost my moo lastnight. :ratsad: I'm still in shock.

@  lollyh : (29 June 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Thank you caryn sway. *hugs* *hugs*

@  Caryn : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 AM)

You're not mad at all for wanting to help her :ratsad:

@  lollyh : (25 June 2018 - 04:33 PM)

Thank you caryn.yes i know you would.:-).i love her so much.i dont care about the cost.really i dont.even though everyone around me says im mad & just put her down. :bigeyecry: .no unfortunately i don't have an edgars account.

@  Caryn : (25 June 2018 - 11:43 AM)

Sorry you're going through that with your girl. You know I'd opt for the surgery, Dr O says he can do it and I trust him completely. I realise cost is an issue though. Do you have an Edgars acct you can pay with or can you sign a debit order with them? That's what I usually do for larger surgery costs.

@  lollyh : (25 June 2018 - 09:34 AM)

i have such a hard decision to make. :bigeyerat:

Photo

HELP for my Bub

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Annelien

Annelien

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Good Day Guys... Little heart broken this morning as I had the unexpected loss of life from my little Peanut... Anyway her sister Patch is all alone now and I would really like to get her a playmate or two. It seems all the breeders have waiting lists. Any ideas? Possibly someone that needs someone to take over ratties or something? Im based in CPT and Patch is an 8month old banded husky female. Very very playful!

EvaBlue

EvaBlue

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • I own 6 rats
Sorry to hear Annelien, shame I think it is obviously very sad for your ratty as I think they know what happens. I hope someone can help you.

Candiviljoen

Candiviljoen

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Sorry to hear the sad news. I'm sure you well find another friend for Peanut. *hugs* :goodvibes:

ronelrat

ronelrat

Since owning rats i've lost my mind but found my soul

• Premium Breeders
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2005 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
See if Heidi from the rescue in CPT knows of any rescues. Otherwise get a friend from a pet store and order a 3rd from a breeder. People sometimes think I'm just trying to sell another bub when I advise them to get A MINIMUM OF 3, but the truth is, rats die and sometimes very unexpected. You may wait a month or more on a waiting list, and your rat needs a friend asap. If keeping 3, you'll have time to replace the one that died without your rats being alone during that time.

LuvRats

LuvRats

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1880 posts
  • I own 0 rats
+1000 to what Ronel said. Also best to stagger their ages. Just be careful getting from a petstore, you don't want to end up with either a pregnant female or a male by mistake (most of the petstores either don't care what sex you take or they don't know how to sex them). And yes the breeders do have waiting lists, but that doesn't mean that the litters born are going to match the waiting lists ie, the waiting list might contain 6 people looking for say males, and a litter might end up containing only 2 males & the rest females... so get onto the waiting lists, because you never know what might be available once they're born/colours come in (some people are also looking for specific colourings & often what colours are expected from a litter doesn't come 'out').

CindyR

CindyR

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2090 posts
  • I own 3 rats
Thats why I deceided to get my third baby. Both Hugo and Valentino were born 1 day apart, so there is always a chance that one will get sick or die first (God forbid). I would like to maybe get another at a later stage, maybe when my new bub is 5 months or so old. Yes, and that means I am never going to get to bed becasue I am going to play with them till late in the night. Will be walking around red eyed and with a coffee mug glued to my hand ready for constant refills, but I will NEVER trade in the love I get from my babies :thud:

Annelien

Annelien

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Thanks for the advice guys! Always had 4bubs but my ladies were all golden girls. Patch was the baby. Anyway Rebecca from Runebound is helping me out. She had two return girls that I will be picking up tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help. Take Care!

RatSmitten

RatSmitten

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • I own 3 rats
So sorry for your loss, play hard at the bridge little one :ratangel: i hope your new baby brings you lots of joy.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users