UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  CindyR : (09 November 2017 - 08:51 AM)

I'm in too!

@  lollyh : (07 November 2017 - 12:23 PM)

ha!! i am in.woohooo. :clap: :thanx: :happydance: :yay: :ratlol:

@  lollyh : (30 October 2017 - 08:59 AM)

Rip my sweet Winston. :bigeyecry: I am gonna miss you sweet boy.you are with nougies in heaven.

@  lollyh : (24 October 2017 - 11:21 PM)

Yes I am Roos but I know their is a problem with the forums.it was put on Facebook..apparenting it was hacked & we waiting for tails to fix.on my pc it won't let me in.says decriptive website in big red writing.i am only getting in on my ipad. :ratsad:

@  Rattieroos : (23 October 2017 - 07:43 PM)

Hello..anyone still on here.?

@  lollyh : (23 October 2017 - 09:29 AM)

Hey everyone.is the forums back up & running?.

@  Rattieroos : (16 October 2017 - 11:28 PM) Oops wasnt finished. I will miss them like mad. :cry: :cry: :cry: This will no make my losses this year 9 :( :bigeyecry: I have 12 rescues left. My 10day old babies are turning 1 year tomorrow already. I will always have my few rats but I can't take on rescues anymore. At least for a while. Hope everyone is well.. sad to see the forum so quiet. I know I'm one of the quiet ones. @Lolly, thanks, missed you all too. I'm sure you and Winston miss her gentle nature. *hugs* *hugs*
@  Rattieroos : (16 October 2017 - 11:21 PM) Not able to be on much lately but had to tonight. I had to say goodbye to my beloved Grandpa Roo and his faithful Nibbs this evening. My heart felt like it was in pieces. Roo would have turned 3 next Tuesday. I keep expecting to see them in their cage or have them on the bed with me.
@  lollyh : (03 October 2017 - 09:07 PM) Hey Roos.yes!!. we have missed you. *hugs* thank you swty.miss her gentle nature so much. Poor Winston is also missing her too.
@  Rattieroos : (30 September 2017 - 08:31 PM) Hey all, haven't been on for ages. @ Lolly, so so sorry about Nougies :ratangel:
@  lollyh : (28 September 2017 - 09:01 PM) hehehe after all our rattie talking. :ratgiggle: .i forgot to ask you about the new posting method for here. lol
@  Caryn : (28 September 2017 - 08:52 PM) lol Was lovely to finally meet you in person after all these years :D
@  lollyh : (28 September 2017 - 03:54 PM) So today i finally got to meet my fellow noogan caryn today while up at the Spca.i was so excited to meet her.i screamed her name like a mad person. :clap: lol
@  Caryn : (27 September 2017 - 08:44 PM) Ah no :(
@  CindyR : (27 September 2017 - 12:56 PM) Aaarrrggggg! I can't seem to post any pics with this new image site. My pc refuses to work with it.
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 01:40 PM) for the most part, the NB images are done, but please drop me a PM or an email (not here in the chat) if you see any more 3rd party photobucket broken image links (excl posts made by members other than admin/Tails)
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 01:07 PM) yay banners done so far
@  Tails : (19 September 2017 - 12:39 PM) @lollyh, dont think he's a RN member :) and I'm so so sorry about Nougies :( :( :(
@  DiscoMoose : (19 September 2017 - 10:34 AM) i'm really sorry Lolly. She was most beautiful and special girl. I am thankful that she could go peacefully at home, with those she loves. <3 rest in peace dearest Nougies. All my love and compassion to you, Lolly <3
@  lollyh : (18 September 2017 - 09:56 PM) hi all.my very special nougies passed away this morning at 2:20am. :ratsadlook: .she reached 3 yrs & 2months.gonna miss her so much.she passed with sweet winston by her side till the end.

Photo

What fresh food did your ratties get today?

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Tails

Tails

RATANOOGA Co-Founder & Avid Photographer

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Mine got raw cauliflower and broccoli (the tiny bits that fall through the steamer) and then cooked chicken, broccoli and some cauliflower fritters. Iso went MAD for the food tonight :thud:

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

:ratangel: RIP: Maxie "my Maxibon", Pepper "my Pepsicola", Intel "The Original Fragile", Apple "my Fadapple", Linux "my Beautiful Girl", Feyrith "my Banana-Face", Xeon "my Old Cronky", Ramoth "my Badgerboo", Orlith " my Orly-whip"/"my Orlyball", Wirenth "Wormy"; Vignette "Figgy Pudding"; Iso "Iso 1000 / Hamster Rat"; Macro "The Fats"; Oscar ("my little lion"), NiMH "Nimble-Thim/Nimbelina", Pidtjie "Pidjtie-Poodle", Thyme "Teecky", Brie "my Broo", Cinnamon "Cinna-mom", Three "Wheel Tail",Treble "Trebbest / Buddahbelly", Cotton "Cottonball"
tag #ratanoogarats on your rat photos on Instagram!

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10939 posts
  • I own 21+ rats
Strawberry flavoured purity baby cereal for breakfast and tonight my bunch got grapes, rice and savoury mince for supper :)

RN_Signature_2016.jpg

MadRatter

MadRatter

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1608 posts
  • I own Select One rats

cauliflower fritters.

Mmm, that sounds good! I went to Simply Asia last night for supper and had those devine corn fritters - my boys would have gone mad for them!
Very interesting to see the different ratty tastes.

my bunch got grapes,

lol Thought we had another "mice crispies / chicken soap" typo

Edited by MadRatter, 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM.

ladypandora

ladypandora

Founder, Mischief Rat Rescue & Mischief Pet Products

• Members (Advertising)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2468 posts
  • I own 11-20 rats
lol well mines easy. They get Morvite ( Vanilla/ Banana/ honey, depending which bag is opened) every morning. Added to the morvite is some Moducare and crumbed up bread. ( I have some skinnies that just is not putting up weight so the fatties don't get bread) Mondays they also get fish oil added to breakfast. They also get a choice of bran, milleted cereal, linseed or crushed almonds added to the mix) Sometimes hipp or olli baby food is also mixed in, depending on what Luther doesn't want to eat. Then with that they get avi rodent pellets to last them through the day...or throw out the bars in ten minutes...their choice. Three days a week they get frozen or fresh veggies ( Depends what I have available) in the evening. Usually broccoli, mealies, peas or spinach. On weekends they only get their Avi pellets. But then they tend to get leftovers so its not like they are suffering. lol Oh yes, and these days they also get a dose of sticky baby fingers...no casualties so far...even Sugar seems to have some decency...or maybe she just has no suicidal tendencies...

Posted Image
Proud slave to the Mischief Horde.

www.facebook.com/MischiefRatRescue
ladyp145@gmail.com

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats

cauliflower fritters.

Mmm, that sounds good!

OT but http://www.skinnytas...ritters-25.html :D

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

:ratangel: RIP: Maxie "my Maxibon", Pepper "my Pepsicola", Intel "The Original Fragile", Apple "my Fadapple", Linux "my Beautiful Girl", Feyrith "my Banana-Face", Xeon "my Old Cronky", Ramoth "my Badgerboo", Orlith " my Orly-whip"/"my Orlyball", Wirenth "Wormy"; Vignette "Figgy Pudding"; Iso "Iso 1000 / Hamster Rat"; Macro "The Fats"; Oscar ("my little lion"), NiMH "Nimble-Thim/Nimbelina", Pidtjie "Pidjtie-Poodle", Thyme "Teecky", Brie "my Broo", Cinnamon "Cinna-mom", Three "Wheel Tail",Treble "Trebbest / Buddahbelly", Cotton "Cottonball"

MadRatter

MadRatter

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1608 posts
  • I own Select One rats

cauliflower fritters.

Mmm, that sounds good!

OT but http://www.skinnytas...ritters-25.html :D

Oooh, I have just got lost in this site and my mouth is watering - lol . Thanks.

Max

Max

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Nice site Tails. Today my girls got some leftover mac & cheese, tomato flesh, raspberries and some mash with green beans with a bit of boerewors.

MadRatter

MadRatter

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1608 posts
  • I own Select One rats
Every day the same for my boys BUT last night I gave them each a baby spinach leaf which they seemed to really enjoy - came back for seconds. THen tried half a grape each and they ate that too ..... so perhaps they are becoming more health conscious lol

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
I find my girls often dont care for wet or drippy foods lol so if its cold and wet from being rinsed, they're not too keen lol

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

Max

Max

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I own 2 rats
Mine usually don't like cold food from the fridge either but they go nuts for litchis!

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Do you give them litchies with the stone in?

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10939 posts
  • I own 21+ rats
Funny, mine aren't fond of litchi. They love plums though (just the flesh of course, not pit) Mine are getting macaroni, dried cranberries, cheerios and grapes for supper tonight :)

RN_Signature_2016.jpg

Max

Max

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I own 2 rats

Do you give them litchies with the stone in?

Definitely not! I bite bits off the flesh and drop them on "rat plates". Parmalat yoghurt lids :)

I Googled it and saw on a few sites that it's very good for them. Blueberries too.

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Ahh ok, cos I've been reading that people just toss the litchies in and let them nomnom it all. According to these people they end up leaving the stones, but I was unsure I'd be confident enough in them to do that lol

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

MadRatter

MadRatter

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1608 posts
  • I own Select One rats
Boys definately on a health fad this week - in addition to their normal fruit/veg I gave them another baby spinach leaf last night and ended up putting a whole handfull in their cage at bed time where I left them nonnomming happily. :rolleyes:

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Macro had coconut, grapes and a chickenbone (she's been ignoring her main mix so letting her eat that before more fresh snacks) and Iso had butternut, rice and cauliflower, chewed coconut (i chewed it for her *blush*), a grape and this morning some ensure and porridge. Edited to add I was going to give them some cooked asaparagus but I didnt know if they could have. Turns out, it should be fine for them :)

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

Max

Max

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • I own 2 rats

Ahh ok, cos I've been reading that people just toss the litchies in and let them nomnom it all. According to these people they end up leaving the stones, but I was unsure I'd be confident enough in them to do that lol

If they were my bunch...I'd say definitely not!

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Iso got some spaghetti bolognaise last night (her last meal unbeknown to me :() and Macro only a smidgen (so she can lose weight) of it so she didnt miss out :)

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

Tails

Tails

• Administrators
  • 9583 posts
  • I own 0 rats
Mashed potato and sweetcorn for Macro last night :ratcookie:

Rats:
Cats:
Scooter & Angie

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Moderators
  • 10939 posts
  • I own 21+ rats
Mine are getting their favourite supper snacks tonight... sweetcorn, peas, carrots and green beans :)

Edited by Caryn, 01 March 2012 - 01:43 PM.

RN_Signature_2016.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users