UA-16177645-2

Welcome to RATANOOGA Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Toggle shoutbox RATANOOGA Chatbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Hey Ratanoogians! Don't forget, the chatbox is only for casual chat. Please post actual questions in the relevant section in the forums. :)

@  lollyh : (31 August 2018 - 10:43 AM)

Thank you moosie & caryn.its been hard. :ratsadlook: .

@  Caryn : (14 August 2018 - 07:24 AM)

Thank you Discomoose :) Lollyh, so very sorry about Rascal :ratsad:

@  DiscoMoose : (12 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

congratz on your promotions Caryn and Settican (:

@  DiscoMoose : (12 August 2018 - 07:48 PM)

I'm sorry about Rascal Lolly :( RIP sweet girl...

@  lollyh : (03 August 2018 - 09:34 PM)

Rip my beautiful rascal. :bigeyecry: my last girl. :ratsad: .play hard up their sweetheart.you made it to 2yrs & 8 months despite 2 tumors..i am gonna miss you so much. :Kiss: :wub:

@  Settican : (03 August 2018 - 12:32 PM)

Woohoo promotion! Thanks Tails :D

@  Caryn : (03 August 2018 - 12:28 PM)

Thank you :D I got a promotion :yay: lol

@  Tails : (02 August 2018 - 01:25 PM)

@caryn and @settican, welcome to the Admin Team!

@  Caryn : (11 July 2018 - 07:25 AM)

She says she has had the captcha disabled, so the problem should be solved now. Hopefully people are able to join up without hassle if they try again.

@  Caryn : (08 July 2018 - 10:57 AM)

Ah geez, I'll see if I can reach Tails about it

@  ronelrat : (08 July 2018 - 10:02 AM)

There are people wanting to join the forum who says they received a message asking for a security code?

@  Caryn : (07 July 2018 - 05:49 PM)

Two of my girls over the years have had strokes. Both were still alive when I found them but suffering side effects ie: paralysis, loss of cognitive function. Sadly there is not much that can be done if they are very far gone, smaller strokes can be treated and rats can recover. Seizures are horrible. Mavdb had a couple of boys with issues, you may be able to find posts here on the forum.

@  lollyh : (07 July 2018 - 01:56 PM)

Thank you caryn.im so heartsore.i went out for dinner last night & he was fine,came back home 1 hour later & found him at the bottom of the cage like he was didnt know where he was . :puppy_dog_eyes: .do you have any knowledge on seizures or strokes?

@  Caryn : (07 July 2018 - 12:23 PM)

So very sorry :ratsad:

@  lollyh : (07 July 2018 - 05:11 AM)

Lost my moo lastnight. :ratsad: I'm still in shock.

@  lollyh : (29 June 2018 - 12:04 AM)

Thank you caryn sway. *hugs* *hugs*

@  Caryn : (27 June 2018 - 08:53 AM)

You're not mad at all for wanting to help her :ratsad:

@  lollyh : (25 June 2018 - 04:33 PM)

Thank you caryn.yes i know you would.:-).i love her so much.i dont care about the cost.really i dont.even though everyone around me says im mad & just put her down. :bigeyecry: .no unfortunately i don't have an edgars account.

@  Caryn : (25 June 2018 - 11:43 AM)

Sorry you're going through that with your girl. You know I'd opt for the surgery, Dr O says he can do it and I trust him completely. I realise cost is an issue though. Do you have an Edgars acct you can pay with or can you sign a debit order with them? That's what I usually do for larger surgery costs.

@  lollyh : (25 June 2018 - 09:34 AM)

i have such a hard decision to make. :bigeyerat:

Photo

Looking To Rescue

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Lizzy

Lizzy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi everyone, So my one girl isn't doing too well and I had the sad news from the vet today that we should start thinking about her quality of life. She is still doing relatively okay, but my hubby and I have thought about it, so here's the situation: She is one of two sisters that are turning 2 next month (Miku and Lily). Her sister (Miku) had a growth removed about 3 months ago, and it's like she was given a new life. She is running around like crazy and acting like a new bub. We think that she is too active for Lily and that we would like to introduce another one into the mix. This will also help with making the decision easier when we know that Miku has another mate to help her through the eventual goodbye. Miku has a long way to go and we would not want her on her own at all. Another consideration is that we are probably not going to be here by Dec next year, so we are looking into rescuing a ratty that is about 1 year old. This might sound like a weird thing, but we feel that an older ratty (not bubs) will suit us better as well. If anyone is looking to rehome or have rescues that need a home, we are looking for someone to keep our ladies company. We would prefer a female, unless there is no difference with a neutered male with regards to introductions, living together etc. We have only had the girls, so not sure how the male/female pair works. Our ratties life in a cage kitted out with designer gear (Jackalhead goods) and under our coach with their own dedicated ratty blankets (about 5 in various stages of destruction :bigeyerat: ) and are really spoilt with love and cuddles. Their cage even gets moved into the bedroom at night to get in on the heater action during winter. We take them for regular check-ups with the vet (he's on speed dial) and we are very aware that these little ones are our substitute children :ratjustice: . I have a home-based business, so they are rarely alone. We live in Cape Town, so if anyone wants to give us a shout, please email me at marilize.paulsen@gmail.com Please note that if you got your ratty from a breeder you need permission from them to rehome first.

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10970 posts
  • I own 21+ rats
Have you contacted the breeders and rescues ie: Bodicea, Michele, Heidi, etc? They sometimes have rescued ratties available for adoption :ratjustice:
Posted Image

Lizzy

Lizzy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
I was hoping to grab their attention with this post as well :ratjustice:

Bodicea

Bodicea

Old-Timer Rat

• Discontinued Account
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3042 posts
  • I own Select One rats
Hi Lizzy, I do have two rescue girls looking for homes - 5 weeks old - black hoodies. If you're interested pm or mail me.
I wish people would realise that animals are totally dependent, helpless, like children; a trust that is put upon us.

James Herriot

Posted Image
Pets name: (Tony)
Adopt your own!

Owner of Runebound Rattery and member of *beep* Rat Rescue - breeding and rescuing since 1995

Heidi

Heidi

Teenage Rat

• Members (Advertising)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1277 posts
  • I own 4 rats
Hi Lizzy I was going to say that I possibly have 2 girls for you. PEW and about 1 year old. But they came to me as a group of 4 sisters and I can't bear to separate them from their siblings :banghead: Rescue work is SO difficult! I know they would get more attention if I adopted them out but what if I split best sisters from each other.... :)

Nina

Nina

Teenage Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts
It sounds like rattie heaven over at your house :banghead:

Lizzy

Lizzy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi Heidi, I would never dream of breaking up the foursome. Luckily there are a lot of rescues out there - we'll find our match. Thank you for thinking of us though :banghead:

Maureen and the FABRATS

Maureen and the FABRATS

*RIP*

• Discontinued Account
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • I own 4 rats

Rescue work is SO difficult! I know they would get more attention if I adopted them out but what if I split best sisters from each other.... :banghead:

Totally !! It is a very difficult thing to do
Tel. 0741046788 Email. ratrescue@wol.co.za Website. www.rattyrascals.co.za

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10970 posts
  • I own 21+ rats

Hi Heidi, I would never dream of breaking up the foursome. Luckily there are a lot of rescues out there - we'll find our match. Thank you for thinking of us though :banghead:

Heidi, did say that it's only 2 though, so that's always something to consider. It would be hard to rehome them at that age, so you could give them a lovely home :)
Posted Image

Kitty

Kitty

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • I own 6 rats
Hehe the more the merrier I say!! :unsure: & it sounds like they have a wonderful home & such an awesome mommy, too :( Not many people want old, rescued ratties even though they're the best kind!! *hugs*

1zvsi76.jpg

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10970 posts
  • I own 21+ rats
You see Lizzy, I have a second vote. Looks like you'll just have to take those two PEW sisters from Heidi, it's decided :( *hugs*
Posted Image

Kitty

Kitty

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • I own 6 rats

You see Lizzy, I have a second vote. Looks like you'll just have to take those two PEW sisters from Heidi, it's decided :grr: :(

They're PEW's??!! :unsure: Eeeeaaaaa!! I LOVE PEW's..*hugs*

Edited by Kitty, 15 July 2010 - 06:39 PM.

1zvsi76.jpg

Lizzy

Lizzy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
o.O Don't log in for a while and I'm a PEW Mom? Teehee Going to look at some rescues this Sunday. Sorry Heidi and all the others - we can only take in one for now. Fighting the GGMR urge quite heavily. And you guys aren't helping... *hugs* It's an adoption mob! Thanks for all the nice feedback on how spoilt our (b)rats are ;> We love them so much, our furbabies. (Off she flies to kiss an unsuspecting belly)

Lizzy

Lizzy

Baby Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
So we just got home from finding the (hopefully) perfect match for our little ones. Her name is Tari and she is an Agouti Husky dumbo ratty. She is absolutely gorgeous. She is also an interior decorator (like Miku) and is very happy in her new cage. Thank you Bodicea for showing us all your girls. Wish we could take them all, but when Tari peed on my hubby (thereby marking him as hers) and after a quick kissy for me we knew the match was made. Now for the introductions starting tomorrow. Wish them luck please ;>

Caryn

Caryn

Rat + Horse Enthusiast!

• Backup Administrator
  • 10970 posts
  • I own 21+ rats
Yay! Glad you found yourself a new furkid. Hope all goes well with the intros and that she settles in well :unsure:
Posted Image

Kitty

Kitty

Adult Rat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1841 posts
  • I own 6 rats
YAY :clap: Remember the :) :) Good luck with intro's, am sure they'll go really well - keep us updated :D

1zvsi76.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users